Transportation Supervisor Nights
This position is responsible for directing, planning and coordinating daily operational activities of the Transportation Department including: routing, managing delivery activities and associates within the Transportation Department through the efficient use of equipment and manpower.
- Lead and manage a team of local and over the road driving associates.
- Analyze costs in order to control expenditures and stay with-in planned budget as measured by weekly and monthly budget reports, including: maintaining standard driver productivity levels and manage overtime to achieve budgetary guidelines.
- Working with HR on all facets of transportation personnel to include, but not limited to: interviewing, hiring, training, terminations, disciplinary issues and driver performance according to DOT laws and SFC policies as measured by recruitment and turnover rate.
- Coordinating the assignment and maintenance of all equipment including tractors and trailers as measured by DOT compliance laws on safety and company policies regarding equipment maintenance and safety.
- Working closely with the warehouse and outside vendors to ensure operational success.
- Report out on weekly productivity levels and identify opportunities that drive efficiency.
- Assist in recruiting efforts by presenting at local CDL schools.
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- High school diploma. Associate degree or equivalent two-year college degree preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable of all federal and state regulations as applicable to the DOT law.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience (preferably in Fleet Management)
- Class “A” CDL preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products
Compensation of $55,000 to $75,000, depending on competency, experience, qualifications and skills.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.