- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 1900 W Ruthrauff Rd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
This is an Operations position responsible for managing the activities associated with Delivery.
- Manages day to day activities and safety of delivery associates.
- Ensures delivery Associates compliance with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. DOT, OSHA, etc.) and ensures that logs are kept current and accurate.
- Manages labor hours, travel, fuel and supplies within the budget, maximizing time and cost efficiencies.
- Prepares weekly work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Ensures delivery associate adherence to standard operating procedures, adherence to planned routes and provide safe and efficient customer service.
- Manages the proper utilization of company assets in support of the Delivery department.
- Coordinates required repairs with maintenance vendor as needed.
- Monitor effectiveness of daily routing activities to ensure all KPI's and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Suggest efficiency ideas, cost reduction, measures and assists with the implementation of delivery/routing changes. Monitors the delivery services by reviewing the coordination of backhaul functions and other scheduling activities to increase profitability of all delivery services.
- Communicates with the customer/Sales Department to resolve any customer delivery opportunities.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, development, discipline performance reviews and/or terminations
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company Policies and Procedures.
- Works with Human Resources in handling all associate issues including but not limited to hiring, feedback, disciplinary actions and termination as measured through associate satisfaction and retention.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working in a food-service distribution environment preferred
- CDL Class A Commercial license preferred
- Working knowledge of Federal Motor Vehicle Carrier Regulations
- Experience in developing and managing driver bids preferred
- XATA XRS experience preferred
- Experience conducting road tests and driver observations preferred
- Experience developing a safety culture preferred
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.