Technical Specialist - SD/EDI
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The SD/EDI (System Data/Electronic Data Interchange) Technical Specialist is responsible for ensuring the consistency, completeness, accuracy and integrity of our System’s multiple datasets. The specialist is responsible as the central point for maintenance and validation of all master data files (customer, product, vendor, cost, price and promotions). This position is also responsible for providing technical support in software applications, trouble shooting and specifications relating to any EDI application.
- Maintains all System Master files including but not limited to Customer, Price, Route, and Product Master files
- Oversees Master file additions or changes and forwards to appropriate staff as requested or directed
- Provides information relating to the System data base as necessary to support the purchasing, sales, distribution, and billing functions
- Manages interface with Customers, Sales, Operations, IS and Accounting to provide technical support, troubleshoot problems, and document solutions for any EDI related issues
- Provides technical support during non-business hours as required for any EDI related issues
- Assists in EDI setup and maintenance
- Monitors controls put in place to safeguard the integrity of the System data base are being adhered to and report discrepancies to supervisor
- Generates and applies appropriate system queries to extract information to facilitate and verify the integrity of all data
- Input, track and validate all sales pricing and promotions data. This includes entering data accurately for the requested timeframe and by a specific date as requested by the sales team.
- Maintains and updates product Purchase Prices and Standard Costs
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by and at management’s sole discretion
- Minimum 1 year of related experience required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as product pricing, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department, which may be subject to evenings, weekends and/or holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.