Sr Inventory Control Specialist - Farms
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 40034 West Clayton Road
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Inventory Control Specialist - Farms is responsible for compiling and maintaining records of quantity, type, and value of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies stocked at Shamrock Farm. (S)he is also responsible for processing all receiving, accurately and in a timely manner. This position is located on a dairy farm and requires spending long periods of time outdoors daily.
- Conduct, reconcile, and post cycle counts of hay, feed, and other materials on dairy farm.
- Analyze cycle count data and identify root cause of discrepancies.
- Assist in receiving deliveries and review receiving for accuracy and communicate corrective actions needed.
- Monitor feed consumption to ensure adherence to feed formulas.
- Review usage reports and mixing error reports to identify trends.
- Identify opportunities to improve reporting and processes associated with inventory in order to reduce shrink and improve efficiency.
- Implement new processes and reporting as directed by the Inventory Control Manager.
- Communicate with farm leadership on inventory issues.
- Develop and prepare reports for leadership on inventory activity.
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1+ years of experience in inventory and data analysis
- Microsoft Dynamics experience a plus.
- Previous farm experience preferred
- FeedWatch experience a plus
- Valid Arizona driver's license.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interface with managers, associates, customers, delivery drivers, and suppliers
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with little direct supervision.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as unit of measure conversions, proportions, and percentages required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, and holidays.
- This position is located on a dairy farm and requires spending long periods of time outdoors on a daily basis with regular standing and walking
- Reaching with hands and arms to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Sitting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
- In some areas, tasting and smelling are required.
- Regularly lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds
- Frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds
- Depth perception
- The ability to adjust focus
- Close, distance, color and peripheral vision
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.