Sanitation Technician - Day Shift!
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Sunday - Thursday Day Shift Schedule
The Sanitation Technician is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing the process equipment to establish a clean environment for producing and packaging quality products. Ensures equipment and facility are effectively sanitized in accordance with established food manufacturing regulations and in compliance with government sanitation requirements.
- Clean and sanitize filling equipment, tanks, lines, and other processing equipment using cleaning chemicals and sanitizers
- Clean and sanitize walls, ceilings and floors while utilizing cleaning chemicals and sanitizers as directed or required
- Follow all sanitation and quality policies and procedures, including lock out tag out, and report any deficiencies
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Perform start-up, safety, quality, production and equipment checks and document results throughout the work day
- Perform sanitary equipment maintenance as per the preventative maintenance schedule or when directed by the supervisor
- Restock and replenish supplies as appropriate. Maintain sanitation logs
- Follows all applicable GMP's for the area in which he/she is assigned
- Maintains and uses appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma required
- 1+ years of previous industrial cleaning experience. Prior experience working in manufacturing environment a plus
- Perform work standing 90% of the time with frequent bending and lifting
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations
- 2 years of previous industrial cleaning experience, is a plus
- Fluency in English; speak, read and write
- Must have the ability to read, write, and understand policies and guidelines, specifications and safety standards
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.