- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Receiving Manager is responsible for all overall expenses service level, safety, security, and compliance for the warehouse operations. This includes all inbound and outbound warehousing, support activities and related strategy and planning to achieve objectives.
- Establishes and oversees operational procedures for all shipping activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment, maintaining a safe, clean and orderly warehouse. Prepares work orders for repairs and requisitions for equipment replacement.
- Meets with department heads as needed to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with those of the production, sales, records control, IS and Purchasing departments.
- Participates in planning personnel safety and plant protection activities; Ensures that safety inspections are done on a bi-weekly basis.
- Must complete one BPI project per quarter, either by leading or participating as a team member. Encouraging and including participation from all team members.
- Responsible for annual budget, including tracking weekly expenses that role up to monthly results. Ensuring a proactive approach to expense control is critical.
- Conduct regular town hall meetings to communicate ensuring all subordinates are informed and involved in the daily business decisions.
- Mentor staff: including conducting timely and accurate performance appraisals, training, clear understanding of daily needs and career aspirations, ensure aware of performance and attendance problems with associates.
- Complete level scheduling, maintaining even dock capacity flow.
- Hiring as needed, maintaining federal and state legal requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- An associate degree or technical school; or a minimum of 3 to 5 years of related experience is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to weekends, and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.