Quality Assurance Manager - $5K Sign on Bonus
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Dairy Production
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Quality Assurance Manager develops, maintains and supervises all aspects of quality assurance, food safety, and raw/finished product testing. (S)he supervises the facility sanitation department to ensure compliance with food safety and quality requirements. (S)he provides oversight and direction for onsite quality testing lab and daily facility cleaning and sanitation activities.
We are currently offering a $5,000 sign on bonus for this role.
- Directly supervise quality supervisors, laboratory and sanitation technicians and manage daily activities to ensure associates adhere to company safety requirements, cleaning and sanitation procedures and processes to meet cGMP requirements.
- Develop and maintain a product testing lab for all composition and microbial testing of all raw ingredients and finished products.
- Review product testing and sampling requirements to ensure protocols are effective in ensuring food safety and product specifications are met.
- Maintain Food Quality Plan in compliance with regulatory and customer requirements.
- Work with contracted chemical supply representatives on review and enhancement of sanitation programs.
- Review plant operations to ensure daily review of regulatory verifications are completed. Review previous regulatory agency inspections and ensure follow up with both short term and long term corrective actions.
- Conduct plant inspections to ensure plant sanitation, maintenance, and GMP programs are effective.
- Review customer comments and conduct complaint investigation/responses as needed.
- Manage and implement site CAPA program and collaborate with operations leaders to support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 4+ years of related dairy or food manufacturing experience with 2+ years in a leadership role
- PCQI, HACCP Trained, and SQF Practitioner (preferred)
- Experience with Grade A Dairy products, milk antibiotic testing, microbiological plating, FT-120, CEM (Smart-Trac)
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.