Quality Assurance Lab Technician
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 318 Mill Place Parkway
- Dairy Production
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Summary: Use laboratory and standardized testing procedures to ensure quality and food safety attributes of fluid dairy, non-dairy beverages, sour cream, cottage cheese, and other products meet regulatory and internal specifications to maintain the integrity of Shamrock and our customers’ brands.
- Use laboratory equipment and standardized testing procedures to accurately measure and report quality standards of products produced at required frequency
- Interpret results from laboratory testing to ensure any issues are identified as quickly as possible and resolved
- Communicate with lab supervisor, production personnel, and warehouse associates to ensure issues are corrected in a timely manner
- Interpret and submit samples and required documentation for co-pack vendors
- Evaluate raw ingredients and packaging for quality to ensure no sub-standard raw materials are used in production
- Deliver supplies and laboratory specimens to designated work areas
- Clean and sterilize lab area, equipment, and instruments regularly to avoid contamination of samples
- Conduct equipment swab tests to confirm cleanliness of equipment
- Conduct calibration of lab and production equipment at appropriate frequency
- Maintain finished product reports based on laboratory analysis
- Other duties may be assigned
- 1 year related experience
- Associates Degree in Biology, Microbiology, Food Science, or related field preferred
- A combination of relevant work experience and education
- Must be available to work with the demands of the department which are subject to overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Able to work with reasonable accommodations in an environment containing major food allergens
- Capable of occasionally lifting 50 pounds unassisted
- Able to work on foot for extended periods of time
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.