Over the Road Driver w/ $10,000 Sign On Bonus
We are currently offering a $10,000 Sign On Bonus for this position.
Starting rate per mile can be as high as .585 based on previous years of experience.
This position is responsible for delivering our refrigerated products to our customers outside of Arizona, and then pick up loads to return to Phoenix. All deliveries and pick-ups will be set up and scheduled prior to departing from Phoenix - no looking for freight or wondering where you're going next.
- Transporting, and delivering milk products from the warehouse or depots to customers.
- Safely operating a tractor/trailer to transport product to and from specified destinations and perform daily inspections on trucks and reporting daily on its operating conditions
- Complying with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Keeping up with pre- and post-trip truck inspections and driver's daily electronic logs
- Delivering product, obtaining signature of receipt, picking up returns and completing logs and other paperwork related to deliveries
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- GED or H.S. diploma required
- Must be available to work the demands of the department which are subject to overnights shifts, weekends, and holidays - start times and hours vary by assigned route
- Required work hours may be up to the legal limits allowed by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Over the Road Experience preferred
- Regularly standing and walking
- Reaching with hands and arms to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Sitting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
- Regularly lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds
- Frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds
- Close, distance, color, and peripheral vision
- Depth perception
- The ability to adjust focus
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.