Mfg Machine Operator
Run and maintain production equipment such as sleevers, case packers, de-palletizers, wrappers and other related equipment within the Dairy Plant. (S)he contributes to overall department production goals and maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Closely monitor the dairy production process and adjust equipment as necessary
- Monitor weights, seals, caps, and other general packaging items in the process
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties
- Reassemble equipment after maintenance, clean up, and changeovers
- Ensure concentrations are taken with each CIP, monitoring flow & temperature
- Perform preventative maintenance, line changeovers, and environmental cleanup
- Closely monitor the palletizing process
- Program new pallet patterns as new business arises.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOPs
- Follow Quality Assurance standards and collect required samples, as needed, for Quality Assurance testing
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include compliance of Good Manufacturing Practices, wearing required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 3 months experience in dairy, manufacturing or another related field preferred
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Fluency in English; speak, read and write
- Able to work in a cold and wet environment for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to work in various temperature-controlled zones ranging from cold to hot
- Demonstrates a mechanical aptitude and can work and maneuver in tight and awkward areas and positions.
- Ability to operate equipment at recommended speeds and communicate mechanical and operational defects as they arise.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Regularly stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Regularly reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Regularly taste or smell milk-based product
- Occasionally sit and occasionally climb ladders or work on a platform
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds