Manager Operations Support - Nights
The purpose of this position is to develop the chosen candidate into a leader capable of independently managing transportation or warehousing for Shamrock Foods. The Cross-Functional Operations Manager will support the operations management team and gain an understanding of all operational elements related to overseeing warehousing, transportation, inventory and facility maintenance. She or he will provide interim support to direct line reports in Operations, Transportation and at other Shamrock facilities. Upon mastering the role, the chosen candidate is expected to transition into an operations management role (e.g., Trans Manager, Warehouse Manager).
• Learns processes and procedures across all functional operations department manager responsibilities, document as SOPs and recommend process improvements
• Coordinates with the Department Manager and Human Resources in handling associate issues including but not limited to hiring, feedback, disciplinary actions and termination
• Provides support in compliance for all governmental regulations as well as customer related inspections to include, DOT, FDA, OSHA, HACCP, FSMA, Silliker, State, County and Federal inspections as measured by actual and mock audit results
• Evaluates safety processes and procedures to ensure a safe environment for all department functions as measured by the safety record, accident free days, lost time days, and total dollars spent
• Maintains good customer service as measured by our Delivery Service Index (DSI)
• Masters understanding of the pay and benefit plans, as well as forecasts the impact of potential changes to compensation plans.
• Interfaces with sales teams and customers. Assists in positive customer resolution of issues and complaints. Confers with department heads and other internal customers to ensure coordination of operations activities with activities of other functions (i.e., corporate, sales, IS, purchasing)
• Supports and initiates continuous Business Process Improvement as measured by total projects completed, project participation, and total dollars saved
• Supervise operations clerical personnel and seasonal interns.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• 5 years of related experience and/or training
• Experience with reporting software and reporting methods, preferably Business Intelligence (BI)
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Food Service distribution background preferred
Salary of $80,000 to $130,000, depending on competency, experience, qualifications and skills.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.