- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2702 W Encanto Blvd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
This position is responsible for tracking inbound freight, pool points, freight consolidation and backhaul coordination and make recommended changed. The success of the position will be measured on service level, expense management, load factor, cost per pallet and cases per mile driven.
- Load Planning using routing software and transportation management systems
- Monitoring compliance with local, state, federal safety, motor carrier, & environmental laws and regulations
- Monitoring Developments and New Technologies in Supply Chain Logistics
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Five or more years of experience in Logistics Planning; Bachelor's degree in logistics or business administration preferred; or a solid combination of education and experience
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Must be able to perform required functions within a cubicle environment that is not conducive to privacy or noise reduction
- Must be physically capable of extensive computer operation and sitting for up to 9 hours per day
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to the evenings, weekends, and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.