- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2702 W Encanto Blvd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Logistics Coordinator will work closely with the Transportation Manager and Dispatch Team to execute strategic routing plans and dynamic load planning. This position will interact with Logistics, Warehouse, Sales, & our Customers. The position will track inbound freight, pool points, freight consolidation and backhaul coordination and make recommended changed. The success of the position will be measured on service level, expense management, load factor, cost per pallet and cases per mile driven. Correct execution of this position will result in all freight and distribution cost being at the lowest levels possible while maximizing customer service.
- Load Planning using routing software and transportation management systems
- Asset Management
- DOT HOS Compliance
- Monitor compliance with local, state, federal safety, motor carrier, & environmental laws and regulations
- Budget and P/L Responsibility
- Review Carrier Contracts
- Knowledge of Freight Brokerage Processes
- Oversee Pool Points and Forward Warehousing
- Monitor Developments and New Technologies in Supply Chain Logistics
- Manage to Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Empty Miles, Fuel Cost Per mile, Cost Per Mile, Payload, Accessorial Costs, Miles, Dwell Time, Equipment Utilization (Hours), On Time Delivery and Temp Quality
- Develop & Implement Process Improvements
- Participate in scheduled meetings with Sales, Warehouse, Logistics, and Dispatch
- Other duties may be assigned
- 3+ years of experience in Logistics or Bachelor's degree and relevant experience
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Must be able to perform required functions within a cubicle environment that is not conducive to privacy or noise reduction
- Must be physically capable of extensive computer operation and sitting for up to 9 hours per day
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to the evenings, weekends, and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.