Fixed Assets Accounting Manager
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Lead the Fixed Assets department for enterprise-wide capital and construction activity from Budget establishment to asset disposition.
- Serve as the financial/accounting business partner to Operations, the Shamrock Construction Capital group
- Establish and communicate cash spend and depreciation budgets/forecasts
- Work cohesively with multiple divisions’ Finance and Operations leaders to obtain forecasts
- Coordinate, lead, and establish enterprise internal controls/risk mitigation efforts including physical audits, asset tagging, project spend authorization, lien waivers, verified insurance certificates, and retention payment coordination
- Document and update Fixed Asset accounting policies and ensure fixed asset spend adheres to capital spend policies
- Document memos on significant accounting transactions related to Fixed Assets
- Provide Accounting leadership regarding asset useful life assignment, asset classification, Construction-In-Process (CIP) usage, Tax application, and capital vs expense decisions
- Translate and communicate data into presentations for business leaders
- Oversee department staff
- Coordinate with AP to ensure vendors are paid according to schedule
- Review and approve related balance sheet reconciliations for the enterprise
- Look for ways to improve system reporting and workflow
- Other Fixed Asset related duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, and 9+ years of related experience; MBA/CPA preferred
- Public Accounting experience, preferred
- Preferred experience with Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Dynamics AX (DAX), and ProjectMates
- Strong analytical capabilities in Excel
- Demonstrated PP&E experience, 6+ years preferred
- Proven ability to prioritize workload, multi-task and problem solve
- Demonstrated communication excellence across groups and levels
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Experience managing direct reports and developing a team
- Experience developing best practices and rolling them out across an entity
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.