Director of Human Resources
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Human Resources
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
This role directs and oversees operations within the organization's human resources function. The Director of HR acts as a strategic business partner to leadership in the organization focused in developing and executing on HR/Business strategy: talent acquisition, onboarding, training, benefits, safety, compensation, policies, communication, disciplinary actions, investigations, and employment law.
- Develops and implements organizational human resources policies, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local legislation (including EEO, FMLA, and FLSA)
- Evaluates and selects HR-related vendors or service providers
- Assists the senior management team in developing human resource strategies
- Develops human resources strategies designed to meet employee needs while aligning with the division's goals and mission
- Establishes divisional human resources policies and sets standards governing recruiting and onboarding, training and career development, employee relations, and compensation and benefits planning
- Responsible for strategic planning, direction, and goal setting for the department or function in alignment with organizational objectives
- Advises subordinate staff and line management in the application of HR policies within the organization
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related business fields required
- HR Professional Certifications (PHR, SPHR, CP, SCP) preferred
- 12+ years of experience, including prior staff management experience
- Proven ability to effectively influence, build trust, communicate and interact with all levels of the organization and outside stakeholders
- Establishes departmental policies, practices, and procedures that have a significant impact on the organization's long-term success
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.