Director of Business Development - Retail/Grocery
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Shamrock Foodservice Warehouse, part of the Shamrock Foods Company family, is the official store of Where Chef’s Come First. Here, we treat customers like friends and offers a fresh shopping experience for chefs, restaurant operators and the general public. With 9 stores in 4 states, Shamrock Foodservice Warehouse is seeking a Director of Business Development. This role will be responsible for driving sales and profitability increases across the company through margin management, business process improvement, coordinated marketing strategy, loyalty program growth, product management, supply chain analysis, OMNI channel planning and integration, and competitive market analysis. This role is vital in developing increased market share and laying the foundation for future expansion of the business in to new markets.
- Manages retail pricing strategy, margins, item assortment/selection/rationalization, supplier relationships (internal & external), competitive market analysis, and item advertising strategy
- Purchasing/Product leader of all stores who plans, assigns, directs, and evaluates results in line with company objectives
- Achieves growth in gross profit and sales generation in accordance with the corporate budget as measured by the company P&L
- Achieves sales goals, margin goals, and expense goals as measured by monthly statements
- Establishes sales strategies as measured by Divisional Goals/Initiatives
- Creates competitive advantages in products or services as measured by P&L
- Works congruently with Director of Store Operations to execute purchasing objectives
- Works congruently with Senior Marketing Manager in the development and execution of advertising strategies and implementation of loyalty program development accomplish objectives
- Prepares strategic plans for forecasting and achieving sales budget, marketing, and profitability to ensure business plan is being achieved
- Supports sales forecasting activities for the company and sets performance goals
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs and promotions, coordinates with marketing and senior leadership teams
- Analyzes SMS and other market intelligence to determine sales and profit potential by store, by product segment, and customer segment
- Directs the purchasing and marketing of emerging products and trends by region
- Helps drive vision of expansion and support future growth of the company
- Position requires significant travel
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor in Business or related field required; MBA preferred
- 7+ years of related experience required
- 3+ years of direct Leadership experience required
- Experience within Retail Management or Grocery Industry is preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively across cross-functional teams
- Ability to think fast and react in a fast paced, results driven environment
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.