Over the Road - Dedicated Team Drivers
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2702 W Encanto Blvd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Dedicated Team Over The Road is responsible for running Dedicated Western Regional runs dispatching from Phoenix, Az. They will deliver dry/refrigerated products. All deliveries and pick ups will be set up and scheduled prior to departing.
- Transporting and delivering all food related products from company distribution centers to company distribution centers which may include unloading own truck
- Delivering product, obtaining signature of receipt, picking up returns and completing logs and other paperwork related to deliveries
- Must comply with company policies and D.O.T. regulations
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have Commercial Driver's License (Class A) for tractor trailer operation
- Must have a good driving record for past 39 months
- One or more years of tractor trailer experience over the road experience preferred
- Must be available to work with the demands of the department which are subject to overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to drive a standard and automatic transmission
- Must be able to install chains on tires
- Must be able to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public and respond to official inquiries
- Regularly standing and walking
- Reaching with hands and arms to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Sitting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
- Regularly lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds
- Frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds
- Close, distance, color and peripheral vision
- Depth perception
- The ability to adjust focus
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.