Category Specialist (Foodservice Warehouse)
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Category Specialist is responsible for executing the day-to-day activities needed to support the business development team and store managers within Shamrock’s Foodservice Warehouse (FSW) division. Primary responsibilities include item lifecycle management, competitive pricing analysis, and driving process efficiencies.
- Own end-to-end item management process: execute all item set ups and perform required maintenance as needed
- Conduct competitive pricing analysis and provide recommendations based on market-level dynamics and expected financial implications
- Provide systems/store support in problem resolution through systems analysis (point-of-sale/inventory management, UPC scanning, invoice discrepancies, and product pricing issues)
- Provide promotional recapping and deliver meaningful insights (financial analysis, metric development and optimization opportunities) through data mining and analysis
- Manage e-commerce site experience: ensure all items have images and accurate descriptions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent education and experience required
- Demonstrated expertise in quantitative analysis skills
- Proficient using analysis tools such as SQL; JDL experience a plus
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Outlook)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access is a plus
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.