Business Development Manager
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 5199 Ivy St
- Meat Plant
- Location : City
- Commerce City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
This position is responsible for developing the business and selling products for Pier22 Seafood CO to hotels, restaurants, resorts and institutional establishments or individuals at sales office or customer's place of business.
- Working with Sales team and proactively identify, qualify, and acquire new & lost business opportunities
- Prospecting and developing profitable new & lost customers using a systematic approach which includes customer potential/stratification
- Developing and maintaining ongoing working relationships with DSR, DSM, RSM & Customer
- Developing and implementing strategic Business Development sales plan to achieve company goals
- Consulting with the customer to identify and define customers’ business needs, determine a solution, develop ROI proposal presentation for customer review and acceptance and identify a DSR to eventually service the customer
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university preferred
- Five or more years of foodservice distribution/sales or related field
- Current driver’s license and auto insurance required; expectation of 75% field and 25% office
- Must be able to use a laptop
- Must be able to calculate amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Understanding of economic drivers and how to apply these to a customer’s situation
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.