- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 318 Mill Place Parkway
- Dairy Production
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
During our 13-week professional internship program, the BPI Intern will engage in the business and culture of Shamrock, gain essential knowledge within their field of interest through hands-on experience, build relationships and expand their network, and lastly the intern will leave with a sense of accomplishment and growth within their career journey. This will be done through hands-on training in a variety of professions at our Dairy Plant, Warehouse, Retail Store, Corporate Office, Meat & Seafood Plants and Dairy Farm. The intern will take part in educational and leadership development opportunities, tours of our various facilities, volunteer days, and more.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability
- Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to learn and act in a fast-paced environment
- Effective task management
- High level of motivation and adaptability
- Great attitude and desire to learn and grow
- Assists with continuous improvement projects, including waste and downtime reduction
- Collects and analyzes data from operations and maintenance to drive process improvement
- Develops and modifies process documentation (SOPs, FMEAs, process maps)
- Other duties may be assigned
- Candidates currently pursuing a degree in Industrial or General Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Must live in or near Verona, VA
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why intern for us?
Shamrock Foods Company is committed to a program that goes beyond your typical internship experience, giving interns the opportunity to start their career path. We offer great training and growth for college students to help interns apply their education towards solving business problems and working on hands-on projects in a workplace environment. Our interns are more than a temporary associate; they become part of our family.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.