Beverage Equipment & Service Supervisor
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide daily supervision and support of associates engaged in equipment service, installation, and technical support. The supervisor is also responsible for ongoing analysis of & reporting on process & standards, and professional development of their direct reports. This position reports to the Beverage Enterprise Asset and Service Manager and will have 6 or more associates within their area of responsibility.
- Supervise the daily operations of the Beverage Technicians.
- Scheduling & attendance management, payroll, hiring & training and ongoing coaching of the team.
- Monitor daily employee activity and optimize departmental resources to achieve standards for field service and refurbishments.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
- Keep all work requests current to ensure customer requests are handled in a timely manner.
- Analyze service processes/workflow related to budget, inventory, and daily operations.
- Reinforce existing procedures to guarantee compliance of quality standards, response times, cost controls and customer contract commitments.
- Implement new procedures to assure the company's beverage equipment investment is managed effectively.
- Review service invoices for expense control and approve for payment.
- Act as backup for all positions during vacations, absences and during peak periods.
- Interact with salesforce, internal/external customers, and vendors to resolve field service issues.
- Manage special projects achieving desired results within stated timeframes.
- This position has “on call” responsibilities after normal office hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Other duties & special projects as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or GED
- 5+ years beverage equipment technician experience
- 3+ years in a supervisory or leadership role preferred
- Procurement, warehouse, and vendor management experience.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Mathematical/analytical skills with ability to read and interpret manuals and calibrate equipment according to specifications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Maximo experience preferred. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have a valid and current Driver's License and must maintain a safe, clean driving record.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends/ on-call, and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for most of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.