Center of the Plate Specialist - Phoenix, AZ
Corporate Summary: At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Summary: Represents Shamrock Foods by selling Meat Division products to new and existing hotels, restaurants, resorts and other institutional establishments or individuals at sales office or customer's place of business in Arizona and surrounding states. This position will involve travel about 80% of the time.
* Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, and other resources
* Must have extensive product knowledge in Center of the Plate protein products
* Coordinates activities with production to ensure proper execution of customer’s specifications; complete understanding of yield tests and ground formulas
* Ability to analyze sales data (statistics) to formulate policy and assist vendors in promoting sales, Manage individual customer price lists, Gather data for tracking and spreadsheets
* Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units
* Achieve the C.O.P. sales goals of the Meat division
* Must effectively communicate with sales, through sales meetings, and ride-a-longs.
* Delivers Sales presentations to Key existing and new clients in coordination with/or without sales representatives
* Must have the ability to effectively present and communicate information via telephone, writing or on a one to one basis
* Must effectively interact with our customer base
* Participation in Food shows and represents company at trade association meetings to promote product
* Perform customer tours as needed
* Other duties may be assigned
* Must be able to travel about 80% of the time
* Bachelor’s degree ( B.A.) from four-year college or university with 5 years’ experience; or 5 years’ experience specifically in selling Center of the Plate
* Current driver’s license and auto insurance required
* Must have extensive category knowledge
* Mathematic Skills: must be able to calculate amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages
* Ability to read and interpret; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays
Location: Arizona Foods Office