Yard Jockey Driver
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2 Shamrock Way NW
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Drives gasoline or diesel powered tractor trailer combination from base to established destination(s). Unloads and picks up specific product at predetermined docks, yards and or warehouses. Fuel tractor and trailer(s) upon return to base. Unhook trailer(s) at specified location.
- Coordinates with Warehouse Management on equipment prioritization and utilization
- Facilitates and executes the daily plan for asset movement
- Inspects truck for defects before and after shift and submits report indicating truck condition
- Checks loads after loading process to verify adequate use of load locks, straps, and bulkheads
- Checks refer settings to maintain product integrity
- Maintains driver log according to D.O.T. regulations
- Accurately completes all necessary paperwork
- Takes proper paperwork to designated destination and returns proper paperwork to base location
- Drops trailers in loading bays and performs safety requirements, such as chocking wheels and putting brace under front of trailer
- Collects or picks up empty cases and ice cream racks or rejected or unsold product if required
- Cleans inside of tractor and trailers. Use of pressurized washing and cleaning equipment
- Organizes equipment and supplies in storage shed
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by and at management’s sole discretion
- High school diploma or general education degree is required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a Class A CDL
- Must have one year driving experience with a clean driving record for past 39 months
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, and climb or balance. Must be able to climb in and out of trailer/bobtail. The employee must be able to move up to 360 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 5547