Yard Jockey / Spotter Driver
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
This position is responsible for driving gasoline or diesel powered tractor trailer combination from base to established destination(s).
- Unloading and picking up specific product at predetermined docks, yards and or warehouses
- Fueling tractor and trailer(s) upon return to base and unhooking trailer(s) at specified location
- Coordinating with Warehouse Management on equipment prioritization and utilization
- Inspecting truck for defects before and after shift and submits report indicating truck condition
- Checking loads after loading process to verify adequate use of load locks, straps, and bulkheads
- Maintaining driver log according to D.O.T. regulations
- Collecting or picking up empty cases and ice cream racks or rejected or unsold product if required
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- High school diploma or general education degree is required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a Class A CDL
- Must have one year driving experience with a clean driving record for past 39 months
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public and respond to official inquiries
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.