Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator Apprentice
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Dairy Production
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The apprentice will receive on-the-job instruction and experience as is necessary to become a qualified Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator versed in the theory and practice of the occupation. (S)he will learn to operate and maintain the Shamrock Foods Wastewater Treatment Plant to ensure compliance standards and achieve the Shamrock Standards of Performance while also performing duties in accordance with all safety standards and safe work practices.
- Perform operational procedures to ensure the Wastewater Treatment Plant process achieves stability and maintains compliance as directed by the Lead Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator.
- Perform preventative and routine maintenance of the Wastewater Treatment Plant as directed by the Lead Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator.
- Perform routine laboratory analysis on the Wastewater Treatment Plant technology as assigned by the Lead Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator.
- Provide support in gathering samples and entering data into computerized spreadsheets
- Perform in a safe manner that is in accordance with the site-specific safety program.
- Remote monitoring and control of Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must be willing to complete the 2-year term of the apprenticeship with an on-the-job learning attainment of approximately 4,000 hours
- Must be willing to attend related training and pass a Level I Certificate in Wastewater Treatment
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, Email
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders. Must be able to lift 40 pounds. Will be working with chemicals necessary in the operation of a Wastewater Treatment Plant.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.