Warehouse Shipping Coordinator
The Inbound Scheduling Coordinator works in a fast-paced environment to schedule exception requests for inbound freight appointments within site specific limitations which ensure optimal operational efficiency and maintain customer service levels.
- Apply rules to secure delivery appointments for purchase orders not meeting online scheduling criteria within 90 minutes of request during working hours
- Collaborate with operations and purchasing teams to control volume of inbound freight to each location
- Provide excellent service to both internal and external customers (Operations, Purchasing, and Carriers)
- Ensure timely communication for any unexpected events which will affect appointments for each location (e.g. obtrusive weather events, road closures, IT failure) to all stakeholders
- Identify new and existing carrier training needs and provide training material to facilitate self-scheduling of carrier
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year logistics/warehouse experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency is Microsoft Office products Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be highly attentive to detail
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Proven experience in providing high levels of customer service to internal and external customers
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.