Vice President of Operational Transformation
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The VP Operational Transformation is responsible for systematic research and innovation of enterprise operations. The incumbent will direct and control the functional operations for inbound, outbound, and warehousing for all enterprise operations. As the operational thought leader, this the incumbent continually scans the marketplace for next generation process, technology and methods to improve overall service, productivity and cost. In this role the incumbent will also be responsible for people development in operations, with new and innovative ways to get the job done.
Responsibilities also include achieving performance key metrics; expense and revenue management; strategic execution of local and corporate initiatives; compliance with government regulations; safety and security of the building, its contents, and people to include retention; and management and direction of staff.
- Strategically adjusts departments’ activities, policies, and practices to meet or exceed key performance metrics and customer satisfaction goals. Actively supports other departments in the achievement of their goals.
- Analyzes growth of operating company against facility size to maintain proper storage, receiving, and shipping capabilities for present and future business.
- Prepares and executes annual budget with direct input from management team. Oversees budget management including labor, benefits, supplies, company assets, capital investments, depreciation, maintenance and repair, and third-party contracts. Evaluates fiscal metrics and adjusts activities to meet or exceed performance expectations.
- Champions’ efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes as they pertain to areas of responsibility and total company. Identifies problems and proposes solutions to other members of senior management.
- Communicates with other senior leaders to collaboratively resolve any customer or delivery opportunities or issues. As required, visits customer locations and meets with customers to address issues and assess delivery difficulty. Maintains strong relationships with other functional leaders that foster inter-departmental feedback and prioritization.
- Develops and executes a multi-year operations roadmap that defines network design, supports company strategy, and addresses opportunities for continuous process improvement, cost improvement and advancement of functional capabilities and technologies.
- Establishes transportation as a strategic competitive advantage for the integrated supply chain. Drives transportation revenue growth.
- Maintains and evolves departmental dashboards and KPIs to monitor and measure performance (e.g. inventories, service levels, on-time deliveries inventory turns, annual savings targets, schedule attainment).
- Provides timely, accurate reports on the operations function and regular executive and employee communication to promote strong execution, alignment, and accountability.
- Monitor and onboard new technologies and best practices in the practice of supply chain by building external relationships, subject-matter-expertise, managing trainings, and key learning events for the department
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, or a related field required.
- Masters degree preferred
- 15+ years operations experience, various job functions in distribution management including warehousing and transportation.
- 10+ years leadership experience
- Experience in perishable goods supply chain preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex technologies and developing financial plans to make technology investments return positive financial returns.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills
- Ability to interface, problem solve, and drive solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.