- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Dairy Production
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Utility Engineer is responsible for managing, directing and coordinating multiple maintenance and engineering projects simultaneously, maintaining a clean, safe working environment. (S)he will be responsible for coordinating with vendors and/or maintenance technicians to install, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems. Projects will be varying scope; for example, this may include projects related to Waste Water management, boiler and steam, refrigeration systems, roofing, floors, roll-up doors.
- Execute all assigned projects within budget and schedule; approve requisitions for materials and supplies within approved spending limits as measured by cost control and adherence to project schedules.
- Generate project-driving documentation, facilitate procurement, and enable successful equipment installation and qualification activities.
- Communicate and partner with outside suppliers and vendors.
- Work with Maintenance teams, operations teams, and Engineering teams to ensure stakeholders understand downtime, scheduling requirements, and project scope and results.
- Manage utility system and work towards increased operational efficiency by developing and implementing PM schedules and SOPs
- Execute assignments and own areas of projects for product and process development, product design for manufacturability, machine automation, tooling design, and/or supplier selection and development.
- Run, troubleshoot and operate the projects.
- Act as the main point of contact for all contractors including scheduling, payment, and safety training
- Supports the development and implementation of major capital improvements
- Ensures compliance with local, state and federal codes and regulations related to design, construction and equipment modification as measured through compliance audits.
- Ensure compliance for all governmental regulations as well as customer related inspections to include, USDA, FDA, OSHA, HASAP, AIS, Siliker, SQF (Level 3), State, County and Federal inspections as measured by actual and mock audit results.
- Must maintain a safe environment for all maintenance functions as measured by the safety records
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field preferred. HS diploma or GED required
- 5+ years of experience in a maintenance/engineering role in a manufacturing plant; preferably in foodservice or medical/pharmaceutical.
- 5+ years of experience in facilities/utilities management, physical plant maintenance management, or facilities/utilities project engineering; foodservice or medical/pharmaceutical manufacturing a plus
- Outstanding technical aptitude (understanding of building technical aspects and operation of building equipment and systems)
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple-project activities
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.