Transportation Supervisor Nights
This position is responsible for directing, planning and coordinating daily operational activities of the Transportation Department including: routing, managing delivery activities and associates within the Transportation Department through the efficient use of equipment and manpower.
- Reviewing dispatch operations to identify technical and operational training needs and recommend operational improvements to assure timely dispatch in both transportation and warehouse.
- Analyzing costs in order to control expenditures and stay with-in planned budget as measured by weekly and monthly budget reports, including: maintaining standard production levels and manage overtime to achieve budgetary guidelines.
- Working with HR with all facets of transportation personnel to include, but not limited to: interviewing, hiring, training, terminations, disciplinary issues and driver performance according to DOT laws and SFC policies as measured by recruitment and turnover rate.
- Coordinating the assignment and maintenance of all equipment including tractors and trailers as measured by DOT compliance laws on safety and company policies regarding equipment maintenance and safety.
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma. Associate degree or equivalent two-year college degree preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable of all federal and state regulations as applicable to the DOT law.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience (preferably in Food Service)
- Class “A” CDL preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Salary of $55,000 to $75,000, depending on competency, experience, qualifications and skills.