Transportation Supervisor - Eastvale, CA
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 12400 Riverside Drive
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
The Transportation supervisor directs, plans and coordinates daily operational activities of the Transportation Department including; routing, managing delivery activities and associates within the Transportation Department through the efficient use of equipment and manpower.
- Plans, assigns, and directs daily routing operations through dispatch staff as measured by departmental goals and objectives.
- Reviews dispatch operations to identify technical and operational training needs and recommend operational improvements to assure timely dispatch in both transportation and warehouse. Measured by dispatch training schedule.
- Analyzes costs in order to control expenditures and stay with-in planned budget as measured by weekly and monthly budget reports. Including; maintaining standard production levels and manage overtime to achieve budgetary guidelines.
- Works with HR with all facets of transportation personnel to include but not limited to; interviewing, hiring, training, terminations, disciplinary issues and driver performance according to DOT laws and SFC policies as measured by recruitment and turnover rate.
- Trains drivers on transportation system; CADEC (on-board computer and hand held scanner) as measured by department training guidelines and DOT compliance rules.
- Coordinate the assignment and maintenance of all equipment including tractors and trailers as measured by DOT compliance laws on safety and company policies regarding equipment maintenance and safety.
- Completes departmental assignments as measured by department goals.
- Participates in meetings and training programs as measured by goals and objectives set by the Transportation Manager.
- Train and comply with DOT and safety procedures as measured by the department handbook, Shamrock policies and DOT laws.
- Maintains a good relationship with area sales force and customers.
- Coordinates back hauls and pick-ups
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma required. Associate’s degree or equivalent two year college degree preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable of all federal and state regulations as applicable to the DOT law.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience (preferably in Food Service)
- Class “A” CDL preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.