Transportation Area Manager
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 22000 East 38th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Primary responsibilities include managing the delivery activities of delivery associates within the Transportation Department.
- Maintains excellent attendance record for all associates.
- Meets company and government compliance regulations.
- Provides effective feedback to associates and management using detailed written and oral communications
- Maintains standard production levels in assigned drivers and manages overtime to achieve budgetary guidelines.
- Handles all facets of personnel issues: hiring, feedback, terminations and disciplinary actions, addressing and resolving issues.
- Trains drivers and assures proper use of all OBC and handheld devices.
- Coordinates operation and repairs on equipment.
- Coordinates with scheduling the coverage of routes when drivers are on paid time off or call off sick.
- Coordinates back hauls and pick-ups.
- Coordinates delivery issues with sales and routers to assure good customer service.
- Rides with drivers to evaluate and train on preferred work methods and improve performance.
- Attends sales meeting, town meetings, DOT meetings and all other meeting that may affect transportation customer service.
- Complies with all safety procedures, company and DOT policies.
- Manages all aspect of resident driver yards and schedules.
- Works with regional and district sales on zip code routing and on time delivery.
- Delivers full routes as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Food Service.
- Must be knowledgeable about DOT regulations.
- Must have a current CDL Class A endorsement.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, holidays, and travel when needed.
Salary of $70,000 to $95,000, depending on competency, experience, qualifications and skills.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.