Telos Business Development Manager - Chicago
- Requisition ID
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Telos Business Development, Manager is responsible for all selling and account management activities leveraging our broad range of logistics services, educating customers and implementing solutions to help optimize their supply chains. (S)he focuses on winning new business while managing, maintaining, and growing existing accounts.
- Find new customers and drive new sales opportunities by identifying key decision makers, determining the appropriate approach for each
- Create a pipeline of prospective Managed Transportation Services (MTS) customers in various stages of discovery, sales pitch and onboarding and prepares reports showing sales volume, sales funnel, and areas of expansion within the assigned portfolio
- Identify customer needs and fit with Telos’ service model and use that insight to identify cost-effective marketing & networking opportunities that would feed a sales pipeline. Develop and implement strategic sales & account level plans to achieve portfolio and customer profitability targets and cross functional & corporate goals
- Work with Telos leadership to identify other, emerging, areas of revenue opportunity (e.g.: end to end Supply Chain, implementation feeds, consultation, brokerage)
- Be a key leader in closing new business successfully and assisting with implementation hyper-care situations
- Meets regularly with key customer stakeholders, maintaining & expanding relationships, negotiating and closing opportunities. Build strong relationships with customers by staying in constant communication to ensure day-to-day and long-term needs are met
- Prioritizes opportunities based on market capacity demands and profile needs
- Make professional decisions in fast paced environment balancing time, service standards, and profitability while impressing clients.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree Required in Business, Supply Chain, Marketing, or related degree
- 3+ Years of advancing sales and business development experience in transportation/logistics selling complex value-based supply chain solutions
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Profiency in CRM, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 7150