Telos Associate Logistics Planner - Lombard, IL
- Requisition ID
- Supply Chain
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Responsible for coordinating the process of all modes of transportation sourcing, supporting the overall strategy of identifying opportunities for efficiency and cost savings within the logistics department by working with suppliers, carriers, customers, and distribution centers.
- Responsible for achievement of period, quarterly and annual transportation goals across multiple customers by planning the transportation of products from suppliers to the end customers using the most cost-effective methods.
- Responsible for tracking and tracing shipments until they reach their destination.
- Responsible for Transportation Planning by applying logistics skills to selecting the best possible carrier, mode, routing, and transportation strategy to optimize the transportation plan (lowest cost, highest service)
- Responsible for providing lane analysis and routing guide suggestions to provide cost savings to the customer.
- Will work directly with distributors, carriers, and manufacturers on a day-to-day basis to achieve the desired results in driving transportation cost objectives.
- Utilize the capabilities of the logistics systems to effectively manage planning transactions for multiple customers. Maintain the necessary data to drive optimization utilizing the capabilities the transportation solution system.
- Prospect and develop capacity solutions in deficient lanes/markets by working with truckload carriers and private fleets.
- Collaborate with national sales and customer operations teams to identify other opportunities to offer strategic carrier capacity.
- Support the development and strategic direction of transportation bid events for continued growth and development of all customers.
- Be able to resolve situations quickly, communicate status of problem, and work with the appropriate subject matter expert until it is fixed.
- Responsible for the development of daily/weekly/period reports for revenue/cost/savings based on transportation provider performance.
- Manage and report on relevant KPIs, including carrier score card for performance working with other team members.
- Analyze and manage financial impact of issues like detention, unloading, claims and other accessorial charges.
- Effectively communicate with the carriers to understand their service capabilities and continuously monitor their performance, this includes direct interact by phone, email, and/or in person
Education/Training: Bachelors degree in supply chain, logistics, or operations.
Related Experience: Minimum 1-3 years of supply chain, logistics, purchasing, or work in the transportation industry required. Prior experience working in a fast-paced foodservice purchasing and/or logistics environment is highly preferred
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must have excellent organizational skills, demonstrate a keen attention to detail, be able to communicate across cross-functional teams and be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook). Expert knowledge in transportation pricing and understanding of how pricing models work and market trends. Ability to influence others and able to communicate with senior management leadership in the transportation industry. Must be able to problem solve, work independently, and manage one’s time effectively.
Systems Experience: Working with but not limited to TMS (LeanLogistics, OTM, Transplace, Mercury Gate, i2, Manugistics), Outbound Routing (Descartes, RoadNet, Ortec, Manugistics, TMW), and Supply Chain Modeling Software Solutions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization as well as upper management.
- Strong people skills, strong verbal/written communication skills, including being able to independently compose various communications. Must understand and comprehend English documents.
- Ability to calculate figures i.e. add, subtract, multiply in whole number, decimals, and fractions. Able to calculate amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be physically capable of extensive computer operation and sitting for up to 9 hours per day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to perform required functions within a cubicle environment that is not conducive to privacy or noise reduction. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hours of Work
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which include evenings, weekends, holidays, and travel when needed
- Office hours may vary based on the customer account.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 7581