Technical Support Specialist Level 1 - Phoenix, AZ
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
The Level 1 Support Team provides technical support to over 2000 end users in all divisions of Shamrock Foods Company. This position supports a 24/7 work environment. The Associate’s responsibility is to use decision making skills to triage helpdesk requests to ensure outages are prioritized over lower level issues or service requests. The Associate must be competent to manage outages and direct technical and operational resources to work through the outage issues to resolution. They also need to have outstanding communication skills to guide the operations personnel through work around options to maintain some level of operational performance during technical issues.
• Answer, record, solve, and track calls/requests from users
• Support internal applications specific to Shamrock Foods
• Windows OS /MS Office application support
• Identify, troubleshoot and resolve system hardware, software, and printer problems
• Maintain user access to Shamrock Foods Enterprise Network and individual applications.
• Effectively communicate processes, procedures, and time sensitive/critical technical information to all Shamrock associates
• Manage Outages and direct resources to work through the outage issues to resolution.
• Understand and follow time sensitive escalation procedures
• Know how and when to fail over from one system to another in an emergency
• Know when and when not to reboot a critical system or application
• Investigate problems and perform root cause analysis
• Provide assistance to IS support teams and actively seek IS Projects
• Perform Daily Operations tasks (system checks, scheduled reboots, reports, etc)
• Schedule, run and monitor critical system backups
• Working knowledge of computers, servers, networks, and software (DOS, Windows, Outlook, Microsoft Office, etc.)
• High School diploma or GED
• A degree in computer science or related field is preferred
• Effectively interact with all levels of individuals and possess strong written and verbal communications skills
• Must be able to work from a remote site with little supervision
• Capable of typing at least 35 WPM
• Must be willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to swing and overnight shifts, weekends and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Job Reference #: 5453