Technical Support Specialist 1
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Information Systems
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Level 1 Support Team provides Technical support to over 2000 end users nationally for Shamrock Foods Company. This position will help support a 24/7 work environment. The associates responsibility is to use critical thinking skills to triage Service requests in addition to ensuring outages are prioritized over non critical issues. The Technician must systematically direct efforts, assist and manage outages amongst application teams to provide an efficient and swift resolution. The associate will also be expected to have outstanding communication skills, relaying information to end users while guiding and organizing the response team to resolve the issue.
- Answer, record, solve and track requests from users
- Help support and administrate proprietary Shamrock Foods applications
- Windows OS and Microsoft system support
- Evaluate, Isolate and resolve hardware/software issues
- Maintain user access to Shamrock Foods Enterprise Network and application
- Effectively communicate processes, procedure, and time sensitive/critical technical information to all Shamrock Foods associates
- Manage incidents and outages by directing resources to work through the outage issues to resolution
- Understand and follow time sensitive escalation procedures
- Know how and when to fail over from one system to another in an emergency
- Know when and when not to reboot a critical system or application
- Investigate problems and perform root cause analysis
- Provide assistance to is support teams and actively seek IS projects
- Perform daily operations tasks (system checks, scheduled reboots, reports, etc.)
- Schedule, run and monitor critical system backups
- Working knowledge of computers, servers, networks, and software (DOS, Windows, Outlook, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- High School diploma or GED
- A degree in computer science or related field is preferred
- Effectively interact with all levels of individuals and possess strong written and verbal communications skills
- Must be able to work from a remote site with little supervision
- Capable of typing at least 35 WPM
- Must be willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to swing and overnight shifts, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 6813