Systems Engineer 2 Network
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Information Systems
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Proven individual with hands on network experience, strong problem solving and multi-tasking skills. Able to analyze, configure, implement and documenting converge networks (Data, Voice, and Video) for LAN and WAN. Increase network efficiency and reliability by handling moderately complex tasks and/or activities in one or more of the following areas: network communication systems to include Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Wireless Networks and Voice Systems. Participate in developing network designs along the guidelines of network roadmaps and strategies.
May require any combination or all of the following skills.
- Building, deploying, and maintaining Shamrock Foods Company Network
- Troubleshooting, identifying, and resolving network issues
- Introducing and integrating new technologies into existing data center environments
- Network equipment software maintenance, upgrades, and audits
- Applying configuration changes across multiple platforms
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software
- Answering technical queries and assisting users
- Responsible for securing Network devices and applications
- Project implementation
- Training and documentation
- Following standardized processes, procedures, and expectations
- Minimum 4 to 5 years related systems/network engineering with a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 7+ years’ experience without a degree
- Communication skills both verbally and written
- Ability to explain technical concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Hands on Experience Configuring Network Switches and Routers
- 5+ years of Cisco Routing & Switch proven experience
- Very strong Layer 2 & 3 Networking skills.
- Strong understanding of IP Addressing and Routing Protocols
- Strong WAN expertise emphasizing on OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, VPN, and MPLS
- Hands on technical experience working with VPN technologies (IPSEC, SSL, VPN, GlobalProctect, etc)
- Experience with Palo Alto and Cisco
- Experience with Cisco Wireless Networks (APs and Controllers)
- Experience with Cisco IOS and Nexus platforms
- Network monitoring application experience
- Knowledge of Structured Cabling
- Knowledge of Load balancing solutions (A10 is a plus)
- Routine maintenance and patching
- Change management
- Participate in an On-Call support rotation
- Strong consensus building skills
- Multi-site implementations
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Wireless Communications
- Logic-Monitor Monitoring Platform
- Cloud Solution understanding (AZURE)
- Experience working in Industrial Environments
- ITIL V3 Foundation
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.