Systems Analyst 2
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Information Systems
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Systems Analyst II analyzes how well software, hardware, and the wider IT system fits the business needs of Shamrock Foods or of a client. They will write requirements for new systems and may also help implement them and monitor their effectiveness.
- Implements computer system requirements by defining and analyzing system problems, designing and testing standards and solutions.
- Defines application problem by conferring with clients, evaluating procedures and processes.
- Develops solutions by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions.
- Controls solutions by establishing specifications and coordinating production with programmers.
- Validates results by testing programs.
- Ensures operation by training client personnel and providing support.
- Provides references by writing documentation.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in certain applications and business areas
- Contributes to process modeling, requirements, design, and testing
- Delivers software solutions with general supervision and direction
- Applies analysis and evaluation of project specific processes and systems
- Seeks out learning opportunities for basic project management skills
- Consistently applies software development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- Supports risk mitigation planning and FMEA Design
- Relies on limited experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals
- Involved in Level I on-call support
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or 3+ years of equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience in primary technology stack
- Intermediate SQL and data analysis skills
- Basic knowledge of data modelling/visualization and use interface design
- Basic reporting skills
- Problem solving skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.