Supply Planning Manager
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Meat Plant
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Supply Planning Manager will lead an assigned Supply Planning/Buying team and is responsible for the execution of our Supply Chain fulfillment strategies, including aspects of supplier management, day to day buying / purchasing activities, spotting and exploiting emerging market trends and generally ensuring the highest possible service levels to our customers while leveraging our enterprise inventory efficiencies.
- Lead, coach and develop a team of high performing Supply Planners/Buyers
- Meet established Inventory level requirements measured by days on hand or similar metrics
- Effectively communicate with branch management teams to achieve desired results and alignment
- Identify areas to reduce costs and drive efficiencies through optimization of sourcing, vendor management, opportunity buys, commodity purchases and freight optimizations
- Leverage analytical insights to improve customer fill rates and inventory efficiency
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Analytics, Supply Chain or other related field
- Master’s degree in applicable fields is preferred
- 7 or more years of Supply Chain experience
- 5 or more years of managing fresh commodities preferred
- 3 or more years of experience leading a team of supply planners/analysts
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in industry best practices
- Ability to lead, train and coach direct reports
- Industry certifications from APICS and / or CSCMP are Preferred
- Must have a strong working knowledge of purchasing and planning business intelligence software and demonstrated expertise in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.