Supply Planning Analyst
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Supply Chain
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Supply Planning Analyst is responsible for managing inventory for assigned customers, products and/or sales channels/categories and ensuring the highest possible fill rate at the lowest possible cost. The Analyst will work with Demand Planning, Supply Planning and with Supply Chain leadership to ensure that a smooth flow of inventory into our branches meeting evolving customer needs. This is achieved via exception based review of purchase orders, tracking and tracing key inbound loads and maintaining optimal inventory levels given evolving and dynamic business needs. The successful Supply Planning Analyst will be able to use analytical skills to identify areas of concern and will work independently and with others to resolve those concerns in a pro-active way.
- Ensures inventory is available when needed through purchase order generation and exception-based adjustment of purchase orders given forecast and inventory visibilities.
- Manages and tracks inbound orders and lead times for their assigned products / categories.
- Works with centralized receiving to ensure inbound deliveries are received in a timely manner.
- Analyzes excess inventory and takes corrective actions to reduce or eliminate waste.
- Researches areas where increased inventory levels would improve fill rates and works with Demand and Supply Planning to adjust targeted stock levels.
- Investigates sales fluctuations causing service failure and works with Demand and Supply Planning to take corrective actions, where appropriate.
- Works with inventory control functions to insure inventory accuracy and resolve discrepancies.
- Understands business objectives for key Supply Chain and Enterprise performance metrics.
- Interacts with key vendors to correct inbound service failures and escalates ongoing vendor concerns to the appropriate Planning resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from a college or university; Supply Chain degree or related preferred.
- 3+ years of related experience and training in the discipline, which may include education.
- Industry certification in Supply Chain preferred (ie: APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) or APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) preferred.
- Must have experience in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook skills.
- Working knowledge of Clarity, E3 Trim/AWR or comparable purchasing software preferred.
- Strong ability and desire to work both independently and in group / project settings.
- Strong verbal/written communication.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.