Summer 2022 - Associate Buyer Intern
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Shamrock Student Professional Internship Program is a 13-week program focused on hands-on training in a variety of opportunities throughout the Shamrock Foods Company enterprise. As a Shamrock Student you will be a part of a cohort of interns across the enterprise focused on real projects that impact the business. In addition to the work you will do to support your department, you'll get to know your fellow interns throughout a variety of collaborative projects and events.
- Provide support for Foodservice Warehouse team in an accurate and timely manner
- Develop a strategic roadmap and execution plan to grow sales and profit
- Retail data sales reporting and analysis
- Focus on eCommerce strategies for maximizing sales and driving customer traffic
- Conduct market research, engage with supplies, and help develop promotional calendars
- Participate in consumer market research to optimize sales strategies
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ year(s) educational experience and currently pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university with a focus on Data Analytics, Business Entrepreneurship, Business Management, Marketing, or related field
- Maintains a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must live in or near Phoenix, Arizona
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability
- Demonstrates expertise in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Ability to learn and act in a fast-paced environment
- Effective task management
- High level of motivation and adaptability
- Great attitude and desire to learn and grow
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.