Software Engineer 1
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Information Systems
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Business Intelligence developers are responsible for supporting internal reporting solutions, data feeds from the data warehouse and other source databases to outside tools, as well as analysis configuration within third party toolsets. In working close with business users they will gather requirements then match, design and build solutions within existing toolsets to meet those needs. They are also expected to support the complete life cycle of a new or modified data warehouse entities, from research and design to implementation and maintenance.
- Gathers requirements and documents analytical business needs.
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements business intelligence applications supporting internal business requirements or external customers
- Works closely with third party local and offshore resources to develop solutions in cloud based toolsets
- Works with business users as an analytical partner to drive analytical best practices
- Documents and maintains data warehousing and reporting functionality include break/fix and continual improvement
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of business intelligence solutions
- Writes well-designed, testable, efficient code for complex solutions
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools and programming techniques
- Participates in outside educational opportunities
- Limited degree of creativity and latitude is required
- Involved in Level II on-call support
- Master's degree or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or 2-3 years of equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience in two or more of the primary technology stacks: SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, Tableau
- Excellent communication and requirements gathering skills
- Demonstrable experience working with database technologies, able to write complex SQL statements and procedural code in T-SQL
- Demonstrable experience to creating SQL Reports using SSRS
- Demonstrable experience creating ETL orchestrations using SSIS
- Excellent knowledge of SQL, Common Table Expressions, Data Normalization, and Security Principles
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 7476