- Requisition ID
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
This position is responsible for driving tractor trailer combination to shuttle products, livestock, or materials in liquid, loose or packaged form. This position may also assist with route deliveries when necessary.
- Driving truck to predetermined destination for delivery of trailer and product.
- Communicating with dispatch, supervisors and other drivers to ensure safe and on time arrivals at destinations.
- Loading and unloading trucks as required for returns, pick-ups and deliveries
- Performing daily routine vehicle condition report on truck and/or trailer
- Complying with company policies and D.O.T. regulations
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have Commercial Driver's License (CDL) for tractor trailer operation
- Must have a good driving record for past 39 months
- Three months or more tractor trailer experience
- Must be available to work with the demands of the department which are subject to overnight shifts, weekends, layovers and holidays
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- Regularly standing and walking
- Reaching with hands and arms to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Sitting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
- Regularly lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds
- Frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Close, distance, color and peripheral vision
- Depth perception
- The ability to adjust focus
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 6193