- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in loading, order selection and unloading product from conveyances such as carts, pallets, forklifts, railroad cars, trucks, and ships, and in moving and storing materials or products by performing the following duties.
• Assigns job tasks to worker according to loading, invoicing, and unloading schedules.
• Observes loading of conveyance to determine conformance to loading patterns and to prevent shifting or damage to materials or products during transit.
• Observes selection of product to determine conformance of work order to the specification of company and customer requirements.
• Verifies materials loaded or unloaded against work order or bill of lading.
• Directs workers to move materials or products to storage areas or production departments.
• Schedules sequence of transportation usage, routes of transportation vehicle operators, or movement of materials into and out of storage area.
• Creates production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
• Interprets and enforces company policies and safety regulations to workers.
• Establishes or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
• Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment, performance, and quality of product.
• Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency department or work crew.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
• Responsible for timely and accurate distribution of paper work to the payroll and support departments.
• Initiates or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goal.
• Facilitates training and review process of all team players.
• Maintains time, quality, and production records.
• Confers with all captains, supervisors, and managers to coordinate activities of individual departments.
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to operate specific tools and equipment. Ability to facilitate Team meetings while effectively using the Joiner process.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.