Senior Supply Planning Manager
The Senior Supply Planning Manager will lead an assigned Supply Planning team and is responsible for the execution of our Supply Chain fulfillment strategies, including supplier management, overseeing day to day buying / purchasing activities, spotting and exploiting emerging market trends and ensuring the highest possible service levels to our customers at the lowest possible cost.
- Lead, coach and develop a team of high performing Supply Planners and Supply Analysts
- Meet established Inventory level requirements measured by days on hand or similar metrics
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with branch teams to achieve desired results
- Identify areas to reduce costs and drive efficiencies through optimization of sourcing, vendor management, opportunity buys, commodity purchases and freight optimization
- Leverage analytical insights to improve customer fill rates and inventory efficiency
- Work with Demand Planning in support of ongoing S&OP cadence activities (ie: Supply & Demand reviews)
- Lead bi-weekly report out meetings with senior leadership around progress and challenges in the assigned areas of responsibility
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in industry best practices
- Ability to lead, train and coach direct reports
- Industry certifications from APICS and / or CSCMP are Preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Preferred
- Must have a strong working knowledge of purchasing and business intelligence software and demonstrated expertise in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.