Gold Canyon Meat Senior Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Meat Plant
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Food Safety experience in Meat Department area that will be responsible for ensuring the development, compliance, and certification of HACCP and other food safety programs. This position may require approximately 15% travel and work/maintenance coverage beyond the normal hours, shift, and on weekends/holidays.
- Planning, and implementing traceability testing and monitoring and ensures the facility meets all required food safety laws, regulations, and corporate policies.
- Responsible for the microbial program compliance for the facility. Also, responsible for continued development and continuous improvement of such programs.
- Ensures Food Safety regulatory and company policy compliance, formulates plant strategies, tactics and improvement initiatives to prevent food safety liability costs, and lessen risk.
- Accountable for HACCP & food safety training for the facility to ensure compliance and execution of required programs including the allergen program management for the facility.
- Ensure adherence to all standard work processes, including the Production Sanitation processes.
- Responsible for compliance with all regulations. Food Safety – plant in proper sanitary condition at all times, including allergen control, pest control, guidelines followed.
- Develops strategic external relationships with professional, regulatory, and community organizations to provide a safe food environment and to strengthen our standing in the communities that are served. Also, may include environmental responsibilities.
- Serves as subject matter expert (SME) to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local, food safety regulations. Maintains positive contacts with agency representatives to establish relationships and to assist with compliance issues and questions.
- Proactively engage in the development and training of hourly labor and support such plans developed by plant leadership
- Responsible for planning, and implementing shelf life testing and monitoring. Compliance with food safety policies and procedures.
- Involvement in vendor management related to food safety issues.
- Responsible for supporting talent management process for hourly employees; Ensure Diversity and Inclusion meets / exceeds corporate standards; Proactively engage in the development and training of hourly labor and support such plans developed by plant leadership.
- Responsible for supporting the execution of relevant projects within assigned area / shift.
- Maintain understanding of processes and functional interdependencies. Recognize and escalate, as needed, those issues identified as risks to, or opportunities to improve, plant performance.
- Must be able to work within timelines and in pressure situations.
- Public contact required with numerous vendors, trainers, etc. and must be able to perform supplier protein specification audits
- Communicates with Operation and Business Managers the effectiveness of the food safety program and to address regulatory and compliance issues.
- Responsible for Food Safety and complaint tracking with trending and record reporting to FSQA manager on a weekly basis.
- Accountable for maintaining established Pre-Requisite programs (SSOP, Allergen, Supplier Approvals, etc.), SOPs and HACCP plan for all hours of operation.
- Backup for FSQA manager tasks for both Arizona and Colorado Meat & Fish plants when absent,
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, microbiology, or equivalent.
- Five years of experience in quality & food safety preferred
- Masters Degree in related field preferred
- Previous HACCP certification program design and implementation
- Thorough technical knowledge of quality & food safety and specific knowledge of meat protein
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, analytical ability, leadership strengths and ability to work effectively with a team
- Computer software skills to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Food processing and packaging is preferred
- Experience in managing processes is preferred.
- Prior GMP experience and understanding of SOP’s
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 6197