Senior Operations Manager
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Senior Operations Manager manages daily activities in the organization's operations function. (S)he will work directly with the Director of Operations in leading managing branch operations. This position will be responsible for the oversight and assist in the improvement of all operational processes and procedures to maximize efficiencies, minimize costs, standardize policies and techniques and implement best practices.
- Seek to improve the organization's financial performance and competitive positioning through continuous improvement of production related processes
- Study the organization's operations processes and identifies opportunities for process improvement or efficiency optimization.
- Ensure operations compliance with all Company Policies and rules, as well as all laws and regulations in each aspect of the business
- Support operations to report performance metrics, DSI, policies, and procedures, etc. consistently throughout the enterprise.
- Assist the Branch Operations departments with resolving tactical and strategic issues
- Interface with leadership to ensure customer complaints and issues are addressed in a timely and positive manner
- Deploy the Enterprise Strategy throughout Operations
- Direct reporting responsibility for all Inbound Warehouse, Inventory, QC,
- Divisional Safety and Compliance, and related personnel
- Develop an operations plan and production schedule that increases profit while reducing overhead.
- Establish quality and safety standards and track organizational performance.
- Modify associate schedules or staffing plans to reduce labor costs while meeting output expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of experience in transportation and warehousing, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years staff management leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from an accredited college preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience; Master’s degree a plus
- P&L experience
- Experience with automated warehousing a plus
- Must be willing to travel 10%
- Technical Skills, Word, Excel, Email, and Business Intelligence (BI)
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evening shifts, weekends, and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.