Senior Manager of Strategic Sourcing
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Supply Chain
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Provide strategic direction and manage procurement activities for assigned set of enterprise-wide categories. Influence spend value and cost savings for the company and cross-functional partners. Create and implement procurement strategies. Lead and coach staff to tactically execute the strategies.
- Create and execute procurement strategies based on company goals and objectives
- Lead or support contract negotiations based on stakeholder needs and ensure that all commercial terms and legal aspects meet the required needs of Shamrock Foods Co
- Create and measure monthly/yearly goals and objectives related to cost savings, spend, and supplier performance
- Analyze data and provide insights into industry and supplier trends
- Manage supplier performance to ensure that expectations around quality, service and cost requirements are met
- Support stakeholders in the adoption and execution of Category strategies
- Collaborate with buyers to implement category strategies
- Develop and maintain KPI’s for each category
- Lead and implement supplier performance reviews
- Coach and manage team of people on a day-to-day basis. Influence staff and cross-functional team members
- Drive adherence across the company to all procurement policies, procedures, and governmental regulations
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain/Procurement, Business, or Management required or equivalent and a minimum of 7 years’ experience in procurement or supply chain; MBA preferred
- APICS or Lean certifications a plus
- Solid knowledge of category management principles (Category Strategy Development, SCOT, Negotiation Skills)
- Demonstrated expertise in data analysis and forecasting methods
- Expertise using business intelligence tools a plus
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain cross-functional partnerships to achieve company goals
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Able to communicate (verbal and written) in a professional manner at all levels of the organization and with external contacts
- Customer-focused with proven negotiation, analytical problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, and work at a fast pace with a high degree of accuracy.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Continuous improvement mindset to develop new processes or enhance existing ones
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and maintain good working relationships with internal and external partners
- Strong organizational, time and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and accomplish goals with minimal supervision
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office suite; Word, Excel
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 7489