Senior Maintenance Manager - Verona, VA
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 318 Mill Place Parkway
- Dairy Production
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
The Senior Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring all plant equipment is operating at specification, all PMs are scheduled and conducted per schedule, and there is minimum unscheduled equipment downtime. S/he will support the development and implementation of major strategic initiatives and key business objectives. This position will also support innovation, technological advancements, engineering analysis, short and long term planning, and project implementation that impacts all plants.
- Responsible for all equipment and facility maintenance activities as measured by Preventive Maintenance compliance and equipment downtime.
- Must maintain a safe environment for all department functions as measured by the safety record, accident free days, lost time days, and total dollars spent
- Ensure all equipment is working efficiently and supports energy management and utility cost control initiatives
- Responsible for the planning and administration of the equipment and facility maintenance budget as measured by variance to the budget.
- Responsible for administration of the Computerized Maintenance Management System as measured by effective utilization of the system.
- Supports the development and implementation of major capital improvements
- Works closely with the Plant Manager to coordinate all maintenance activities to ensure all production target and customer service levels are being met as measured by the division key performance indicators.
- Ensure all maintenance personnel are properly trained to meet current and future maintenance organization demands as measured by skill assessments and that the maintenance team is adequately staffed.
- Ensure compliance for all governmental regulations as well as customer related inspections to include, USDA, FDA, OSHA, HASAP, AIS, Siliker, SQF (Level 3), State, County and Federal inspections as measured by actual and mock audit results.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from a credited college or university program preferred; Seven to ten to years of maintenance supervision/management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have 5 years of aseptic, shelf stable, and ESL processing and filling experience
- Strong people skills
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong team approach to management.
- Strong commitment and established track record of processes documentation and improvement
- Technical skills
- Working knowledge of industrial equipment utilization and maintenance in a production facility
- Working knowledge of reporting methods and tools for tracking and managing key performance metrics
- Fluent in software packages such as MS Office Suite (Project, Word, Excel) and Email
- Familiar with AutoCAD, Rockwell Automation software and CMMS
- Familiar with OSHA and EPA Requirements related to maintenance
Shamrock Foods Company, a privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Shamrock Farms was founded by W.T. McClelland in Tucson AZ with only 20 cows, a Model T delivery truck and one route man delivering fresh milk. Today, 90 years later, Shamrock Farms Dairy is one of the largest family-owned and operated dairies in the United States. Shamrock Farms offers a full line of dairy products including Rockin' Refuel, on-the-go milk, Calcium Plus milk, family size milk, organic dairy, sour cream, cottage cheese, creams.