Senior Financial Analyst - Manufacturing
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
This position is responsible for the cost/financial accounting needs for the division with an emphasis on working with management and operations to ensure accuracy of inventory, analyze and forecast costs, partner with Inventory Control team to monitor controls and increase company profitability and margins.
- Improve the profitability of the Meat, Beverage and Jensen businesses through proactive analysis of sales, gross margin, operating expenses and working capital.
- Develop, communicate and monitor key performance metrics that drive profitability in our manufacturing businesses (i.e. Meat, Beverage, Jensen).
- Identify and close gross margin gaps driven by pricing, production costs and purchasing actions.
- Partnering with sales and operations to establish appropriate pricing for new products.
- Partner with accounting to understand and communicate monthly results to business leaders and corporate partners.
- Support manager in development of annual budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Identifying and recommending cost-effective solutions to lower production costs and minimize inventory investment.
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, business management or related field, required
- 3+ years of related experience; manufacturing environment is highly desired.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamix AX financial software is preferred.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, coordination of multiple projects and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic team oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with all levels of management and other departments.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 6554