Senior Director Category Management
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Business Services
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Senior Director of Category Management is responsible driving overall growth, managing category profitability and collaboratively building a great customer experience. The Senior Director will drive the development, management, and planning of insight led category strategies for a multi-brand portfolio generating sales and optimizing margins to deliver annual operating goals. The Senior Director will lead a high-performing team, in a high-pace environment, who continuously assess products and services to deliver an unparalleled customer experience. The Senior Director will also have a leading role in working with the Independent Marketing Alliance (IMA) in connection with category initiatives and RFP activities on behalf of the Enterprise.
- Lead, coach and develop a team of 8+ associates to excel and grow in their performance annually
- Guide and influence effective business planning of forecasting/supply to stay ahead of the marketplace and deliver the best experience to our customers
- Lead the development of the Enterprise category strategy and work with the category management team in growing category performance to ensure corporate objectives are achieved
- Collaborate with the branch leadership and cross-functional stakeholders to tailor category management strategies to leverage opportunities, assist with obstacles and drive performance
- Develop, and maintain the process of prioritizing the Right-Product Initiatives (RPI) and communicate scorecards for RPI events across the Enterprise
- Benchmark the category performance against the industry to determine targeted market penetration.
- Develop defendable pricing strategies for the categories and the Enterprise. Work with the Merchandising group with recommended operator cost based on market conditions.
- Present to the branches the current status, financial benefits and upcoming IMA RFP’s or key
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Analytics, Mathematics, Supply Chain or related field. Master’s degree in applicable fields is preferred; Business, Leadership, Economics, Supply Chain or related field.
- 10+ years of Category Management, procurement or product merchandising experience
- 5+ years of experience leading teams
- Foodservice and/or retail experience a plus
- Experience routinely interacting with Senior Leadership, Customers and Suppliers while being capable of running complex projects that require presentations of findings to an executive audience
- Must have a strong working knowledge of purchasing, planning and business intelligence software and demonstrated expertise in Word, Excel, Power BI, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated experience with complex financial analysis, forecasting and modeling
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.